Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen

This book is about a Netherlands police investigator, Carl Mørck who is just recovering from a partners death and another paralyzation. Due to his not so good office reputation, he gets moved to a new department where he can dig up and solve the cold cases. He finds one about an missing and presumed dead politician, Merete Lynggaard, from five years ago, who might or might not still be alive. He and his new partner Assad piece together the parts to this mystery that has some hidden motives.

I loved this book, it was the first mystery book that I have read. I really liked all of the thinking and they thoughtfulness of the vocabulary. Also it was interesting how you could tell in the way he talks he is still fighting a battle with himself. It was also cool how the story switched off perspectives between Carl and Merete Lynggaard. 

4 comments:

  1. I really like mysteries. Ill check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the way you wrote the summary

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book. I will definitely add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really good, I'm not to familiar with the mystery books so this sounds like a good book to introduce me to the genre. It's definitely going on my TBR list

    ReplyDelete