Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Cathedral of the Light - An African Journey by Boyd Varyt

This is kind of like an auto biography but more gripping then one. It is set back when the author was a small child, 1973, on the Londolozi Game Reserve in South Africa. It was where Nelson Mandela went after being released from prison, because of its tranquility and closeness with nature. On the reserve he grew up and led a non traditional life style of learning how to track lions as well as raise leopard cubs and drive trucks. He and his daring sister were under the tutelage of their uncle who would use the two of them as bait to get good shots for his extreme wildlife show.This was a very enjoyable book to read, it was kind of like relaxing.

I would recommend Ready Player One (because everyone else is doing the Martian) or the Andromeda Strain, Next, the Sphere or basically any other Michael Crichton book because they are all amazing. However, they all contain very adult topics, so be warned.

The way I choose a book has not changed, but I will only read books that I find interesting, but if I have to read them, it will pain me to read them. I do enjoy Action, Adventure and Sci-Fi books, but a good mystery or drama could fit in if it excites me 

No comments:

Post a Comment