Thursday, April 9, 2015

sol 27

I nearly died, I was swimming in the ocean off the pier of Venice Beach, not Venice, Italy,  but the famed Venice Beach where Arnold would go to show off his manly muscles. It was in these waters, of those odd beaches, where I nearly drowned. The waves, which of course we do not have in Colorado, were so enticing that I eventually found myself nearly 100 feet of the beach. Right as I come into this shocking and scary realization I was pounded by a 12 foot wave. 

I was tossed around, badly, I got a ton of sea in my mouth, plus I did nearly three somersaults. By the time I was able to breathe again, I was pretty freaked out. I really realized how people drown, like I was so tired and going under every wave and holding your breathe just tires the crap out of you. 

So I just began to swim like a mad man. 

I just kept my head towards the shore and put all of my energy into not dying. Once I made it passed the point where the large waves would topple over, it became easier as the draw back was not nearly as bad, and I was also not having to dodge every wave. Even when I made it to where I could stand, I was not relieved, I literally dragged myself out of the water.

The best part was the fact that at the begging I caught the attention the attention of the life guard who looked at me and then just kept on going on as I struggled. I was sure of the fact that if I had actually started screaming waving my hands he would come and save me. But when I made it to the shore, he comes over and says, "I was going to go and get you man, by I felt like you had to earn it, you know, you got yourself over there, so you could get yourself back". That was when I slumped over and relaxed in the sand for the next thirty minuets

No comments:

Post a Comment