Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Martian

This was one of the greatest/funniest books I have ever read, I would just like to thank Kam for recommending this book to me as I enjoyed it. I read the entire book in one day, and at 400 pages this was some feat. The author researched every thing so all of everything is on point and the entire idea is not really that far fetched and completely science fiction like Star Wars. The Plot is basically Watney gets marooned on Mars after his crew leaves him on accident, he has to survive for almost two years with hardly any supplies on Mars until his crew can sling shot around the earth and pick him back up.

Watney is funning and cunning and just a brilliant problem solver which is part of the reason he survived as long. I think that he reminds me of the type of person I would like to be, funny and smart and a problem solver. The book has a lot of curse words as well as inappropriate jokes and references that you should be aware of. Other than that it was an incredible book and I think everyone should read it, before it comes out in November of next year as a movie, with Matt Demon.

1 comment: