Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Slice of LIfe

I hope I beat Gavin, even though caring about getting first is weird, it kind of just gets into your bones and then you feel like I NEED TO WIN. I always post last and then do not get any comments, but now because I am commenting first maybe my fate will change.

I went to Houston, and not a lot of stuff happened, but something really cool happened, I had gotten a sick outdoor rc helicopter, and literally strait out the door I was flying it. I had gone out the door, threw the helicopter in the air and then turned it on. It was flying really well but I kept pushing it higher and higher, eventually it was getting really high and I cut the engine. Sadly it fell into a branch, sixty feet above the ground.

I was devastated, I went to the fire station as sort of a joke, but they had nothing to do so they came down to check it out. They took one look and said it was hopeless. I went through the day playing with my other toys but that helicopter was still nagging me. The next day we went down to say thank you. There was a different crew there, so they decided to check it out.

We went with them and they came out to our house, one guy pulled out his walkie talkie and then told them to bring down the ladder truck, they actually brought it out and two guys went up into the tree with literally a giant stick and started poking around in the branches. Right at the last second they found it and I was overjoyed, the only thing that they asked for was to get a patch from Denver.

My hockey coach was a volunteer fire fighter so after a few months of nagging he finally gave me a patch, when my dad finally sent it, we got a patch back from Houston and it was cool.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was very, interesting. You beat Gavin, so good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice firefighters. I'm glad they were able to help you.

    ReplyDelete